So I luuuv lean. Usually when I’m chatting with someone about their business idea, it just finds it way and sneaks into the conversation. I feel like needing to shout to the world. It is such a different way of thinking, I feel it is my responsibility to show the light 🙂
So Wednesday, it Kevin-Boss-Day. We did customer interview to find frustrating problems in social media. In 9 hours, I:
- contacted social media expert through Toronto meetups (worked really well)
- 5 customer interviews (of which three were great about an hour each)
- 9 scheduled interviews within the next week
Seven Ways to Find Interviewees. blog.launchbit.com/how-to-find-and-interview-potential-customers by Elizabeth Y. I didn’t go through the list but thought I leave it hear from future reference.
- “Spray and Pray” channels
- 1) craigslist
- 2) online groups (google, yahoo, facebook, ning)
- In Person channels
- 3) Malls & coffee shops
- 4) meetups (meetup, eventbrite, yelp)
- Targeted channels
- 5) Linked In
- 6) Alumni Networks
- 7) Google Searches
Sample text. Although tracking down their telephone numbers proved very useful. Sometimes it is so great to just PICK UP THE PHONE!
I left my questions pretty open ended so that I wouldn’t skew the conversation (I often do).
- What are the most frustrating aspects of ABC
- If you had a magic want to help you with ABC, what would it do?
Conclusion. Great conversations! I’ve done a few more interview since Wed, still most last an hour. Then I would followup with my mock which I created using photoshop in an hour. Helps people really visualize my thoughts. Just like it helped my clients visual my designs in floorplans for event planning. I know people have mentioned this before, but damn. I’m getting pretty good at this customer interview stuff 🙂